Thursday, 7 April 2011

Portfolio Visit - Trunk


While we were in London Andy mentioned that he had been in touch with a company called TRUNK and that we could go for a joint visit. So I did abit of research by look at their site.

I recognised this piece of the tv THE WORLD’S… AND ME 2 I remember seeing it on channel 4 and loving the way it looked hand illustrated and composited together in after effects. When I got to the studio I actually complimented the guy on how much the piece inspired me for my office and euro 2012 title sequences.

The office was very small/ literally a converted studio apartment which I thought was really surprising considering the amount of work they have produced.

I her my euro 2012 piece which they seemed to like. she suggested maybe introducing live footage into the piece to make it more interesting to look at. I completely agree and if i was working for the bbc i am guessing I would be given some footage to include when design the piece. I also showed my style frames for my FMP. She suggested animating the camera and the buttons/dials on the camera....this is something I was thinking of doing anyway but I definitely think this will make my title sequence more interesting.

I found her feedback to be positive and constructive and it gave me few ideas for my fmp as well as tweaks I can make to my euro 2012 sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment