Sunday, 3 April 2011

50 Greatest Title sequences of all time


http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/02/the-50-greatest-opening-title.php



Ok so channel 4 is usually full of these rather exhausting countdowns, But this countdown is different! 50 greatest title sequences? Great

I thought that clicking on this list I would know every single sequence but I was wrong. A few rather nice surprises had crept into the list. One of which was the intro from the film GO - 1999,
"Want to know what it feels like to take ecstasy? Watch the opening of Doug Liman's "Go." I've never taken E myself, but the folks I know who have swear by Liman's faithful recreation of rolling."

The unreal speed and edit of this sequence is what real got me loving the style.... although this has no real connection to the style of title sequence I am currently working on. It gives me an idea on how to make a fast paced title sequence in which I have not fully achieved in the past.

Hopefully looking at more of these sequences will help me into finding the correct tone of my OHP titles. Im going to keep an eye on more of these lists to see what contemporary work comes out in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment