Monday, 4 April 2011

London Visit - Tandem Films


While in London the hole group went for a pleasant visit to Tandem Films, A design studio which specialize in different types of animation from flash to 3D.

We were given a tour around the impressive studio which had a layed back vibe to the place(mainly due to the use of plants and umbrellas scattered everywhere.) The studio basement held a large green screen studio/editing suite and sound room. I couldnt help but wish stockport had a g/s studio that size for open use as it would encourage students to experiment different techniques as early as the 3rd year. Ive yet to try out green screen but its something I definitely want to use in the future in the industry.

The piece of work that I was most impressed by from tandem was Rockin & Rollin: Richard Jack/Daniel Greaves http://www.tandemfilms.com/#films/shortfilms/11 .
Being a lover of Stop Motion this piece grabbed me straight away. Not only the execution but the idea as well.... I found it interesting how this piece eventually led on to the Ribena adverts which hold the same characteristics as the snooker balls.

Tandem was a great studio, producing great work. Its a studio I could see myself working in from the different types of media they use.


No comments:

Post a Comment