Friday, 25 September 2009
Human synthesizers
Okay I have already posted the video to the Calvin Harris track Ready for the weekend. I was actually looking for the music video director when I came across this human synth video used for the track.
The instrument employs 15 bikini clad models painted with Bare Conductive, a new skin safe ink which conducts electricity. When the performers touch the connection completes a circuit, triggering a sound.
The instrument consists of 34 pads on the floor which have been painted with the conductive ink and connected to a computer via some clever custom electronics. The performers stand on the pads, and touch hands to complete a circuit and trigger a sound. Different combinations of pads trigger the different sounds needed to play the track.
The project is the result of a collaboration between Calvin Harris and masters students from the Royal College of Art's Industrial Design Engineering programme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment