Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Visit to London - Ray Harryhausen exhibition

I recently went to London to meet up with a few design studios. While I was down there a few of us decided to stop by at the London Film Museum which had a Ray Harryhausen exhibition on.

On show was a collection of models from his different films including Clash of the Titans which I loved as a kid. To be able to achieve a full film all in stop motion hits home just how time consuming the technique is. I remember as a kid being scared to life of some of his creatures even more scared than watching a shinny CGI film. I think films like this should be brought back as I think they have a greater effect on film viewers than modern day cgi films.

Im thinking about using Stop motion in my piece so hopefully I can learn from the examples of Ray Harryhausen films to get realistic emotions across to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment