
While in London we stopped by to see Christian Marclay: The Clock. We heard it was a 24hour hour film about clocks but I had no idea what it actually was. I was amazed!
The film features thousands of mainstream films old and new all edited so that for 24 hours the film was synchronized with realtime. Every clip used related to the time wether it be showing a clock/watch or someone telling the time.
The thing that most interested me about this was the fact that the sound layers on these clips interacted with each other. For example, A woman throwing a clock out the window and a cut to will smith in I am Legend turning around hearing the clock hit the floor.
I love editing when there is a freedom about injecting your own techniques and the director definitely had that freedom with this 24 hour project.
No comments:
Post a Comment