Last week Jonathon Barnbrook came in to give us a talk about his work.
Not knowing anything about him before I went in, I was very surprised at how famous some of his work actually was. For example the Cd cover for David Bowie below.

Im interested in album art from looking at the work of peter saville for Joy division record sleeves. I just think its a shame that album designers dont have the canvas that is a record sleeve to design a beautiful iconic image anymore.
I found Jonathons political views and sense of humour interesting in particular when he was talking about ADBUSTERS, ive seen these type of mocking adverts before but never knew he was behind some of them.
As of moving image work I found his piece for the british heart foundation very extreme in hitting hope the message. Just watching the heart beating made me feel abit squeezy. This is what Jonathon Barnbrook was trying to achieve.
Listening to his lecture really inspired me and reminded me of my graphic design days. I still continue to design for bands in my spare time and I wouldnt rule out graphic design briefs in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment