Friday, 17 September 2010
Euro 2008 - BBC & ITV intro
This is the BBC's intro for the 2008 games, I dont like it at all. I can see where they are coming from.....using the classical culture of switzerland and austria. But when tying it in with football in a cartoon style animation I just dont think it works.
Euro 2008 was also a joint country hosting the games and although I dont know much about switzerland and austria im sure te designers of this intro had the same problem as me when trying to include references to both nations.
This is Itv's Intro for the 2008. Itv have also gone for the classical reference but have focused more on the musical/opera side of switzerland and Austria. Something the country's are quite famous for.
I think I prefer this piece because of its inclusion of live footage within the composition. I think it just excites the viewer before the match starts. Itv wins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment