Friday, 7 January 2011

Film posters and dvd covers.

Before I started studying moving image I was a keen follower of graphic design. I dont know what happened (Probably sidetracked by learning new complicated programs). Only recently having looked at polish poster art have I found an area with the creative industry that I fancy taking a look at.

Since the start of the course I have watched over 500 films from different cultures but have noticed a running theme in contemporary film posters.....They arnt artistic anymore. This is obviously because a picture of Brad Pitt on the front of a poster will attract viewers. But in a way I find it sad that iconic movie posters becoming a thing of the past.

I got thinking about this when I went to the cinema the other day and realised that The new film BLACK SWAN is using artistic visuals in some of its movie posters.


Being still heavily interested in graphic design I am thinking of redesigning some movie posters as a side project so that I can show design companies that im versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment