Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Portfolio Visit - Gyro



Gyro is a marketing design agency based at Salford Exchange Quays. After all the emails I sent out only Frazer Hennessey of Gyro got back to regarding a visit.

Fraiser sat down with me and I talked to him a bit about my background and the areas of design I am interested in. Along with Frazer two members of their creative team, Richard Pearson and James Currie sat with me and gave me some good critical feed back on a few pieces of my work.

They liked the design of my channel ident but gave me an idea that I could animate the words "Science channel" The same way I have animated the logo. They also liked the way my Office title sequence reflected the character of Ricky Gervais. I also showed them my sketch's and ideas for my new global warming video. They liked the way I had come up with different ideas based on facts and seemed very interested in my Decaying burger and melting ice ideas.

James gave me a great piece of advice is how to break into the industry telling me that designers employing graduates also remember people who's work stand out. For example "The guy who did that piece of a moldy hamburger." I completely understood what he was saying and its something I should think about when making my work stand out.

Before I went Frazer gave me some names of moving image designers that he thought would be willing to give my work a look. He seemed pleased with my ideas and said that if I ever wanted a placement at the office I would be welcome to. He explained that his team didnt really have alot of moving image experience and that it was an area that they want to build on.

No comments:

Post a Comment