Wednesday, 12 May 2010

LOVE - Portfolio Visit

Love creative Is a graphic design company based in the center of Manchester. Last year a gained a weeks work experience at the company because my dad knew an Employee named Phil Skegg that worked there. During my time there I watched designers work on live briefs. As well as giving me a brief to work on.

The company shares its large office space with another company called The Neighbourhood which specialises in Moving image, Using a variety of programmes such as Flash,After Effects and 3d animation.

Phill has had a word with The Neighboorhood and thinks it is likely I may be able to go for a Work placement sometime in the third year which would be great to get experience and also build links with a moving image company.

When I went for my portfolio visit with Phill he called over one of his co-workers and they both sat and watched a few pieces of my work. They were impressed at the idea and production of my Science Channel Ident and they could definetly see where i was coming from. They also were impressed with my technical ability in both my title sequence and also my current DO Lectures brief which im using 3D for.

Something they said might help me to come up with ideas in the future was to start drawing from an early stage and create small animation just to get a feel of what something will look like and I can then proceed to change my idea when I know what will work and what wont.

The Guys from love gave me really good feedback and also ways to improve and develop my ideas. It would also be great if they could get me hooked up with the Moving Image company.

No comments:

Post a Comment